The producer of an event can share a Team View with people who are outside of an SSO system. This feature allow a producer to delegate responsibilities to a wider set of people who can help run the event.
As the main producer, you control which event components are visible in a Team View. When you share access to a specific Team View to someone, that person will only see the components you added to that view. You can mix and match components and create Team Views in whatever way fits your needs. You could also invite multiple people to access the same shared Team View.
One example is sharing a Team View to someone who may be a dedicated “slide-flipper." Another person in a different Team View can be responsible for handling Q&A from the audience.
In the menu for the Team View that you want to share (screenshot above), the Share button opens the Share View dialog, which now offers two sharing options. You can generate and share links to the view for someone outside of your Single Sign-On system and to someone inside your SSO system.
When a user enters the Team View via a Non-SSO shared link, she will be prompted to enter her name before she can access the view and start helping to produce the event.
Important details for sharing a Team View:
- Shared links expire when the Broadcaster event ends.
- All components in a shared view CAN be
- Moved on the canvas by a shared view user while being used
- Resized on the Canvas by a shared view user while being used
- Edited on the Canvas by a shared view user while being used
- Components CANNOT be added or removed by a shared view user. Only a Control Room producer can do these operations.
- Although links can be shared with multiple users, to avoid confusion we recommend producers create one Team View per user.